Friday 18 October 2013

Bringing Geosciences to the Public

I apologise for the rather large delay. There’s been holidays away from home, exam results and general laziness on my part, for which I am sorry once again. I will be posting again later today about A-level Geology and how it’s going so far, but I’d like to clear something up before we go any further, just so you’re aware of who I’d like to reach out to during this project.

This blog is aimed at, but not restricted to, two types of people. Firstly, fellow teenagers, who may be on a similar path to me and are wanting to explore geoscience, and secondly, adults who are interested but have little experience in this area of science. They may already be comfortable and not want to venture too far, but just want a few nuggets to impress the visiting relatives with.

Almost every other geoblogger out on the Internet has already had experiences in the world of Earth Sciences and creates blogs discussing or detailing their research, whether it’s professional or just graduate work. But I want to talk about my understandings of geology as a first-timer and reach out to a wider audience that would otherwise know nothing about the importance of the knowledge of the Earth. I hope this doesn't put others off reading. One day, I may become a real geologist and these blogs will get a bit more professional, but for now, I'm sticking to the stuff all the existing geobloggers learnt years ago.

Like I said, I’ll be posting again later today with some shocking news about my A-level course. Tune in. It’ll be exciting. I promise.


TG

No comments:

Post a Comment